.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Persuasive Speech Persuasive Presentation - 1357 Words

Persuasive Presentation Outline Emily Coleman COM 114 Section 700 Vaccines Specific Purpose: My specific purpose is to convince my audience that everyone should get vaccinations. Thesis Statement: Recently, the United States has seen a resurgence of many different diseases that we haven t seen in decades. Much of this problem is caused by failure to get vaccinations, and a key step to solving the issue is education. INTRODUCTION: I. Attention Getter: On January 6th, 2012, Brady Alcaide, a 6 week old baby, was admitted to the emergency room in Springfield, Massechusettes with a fever of 104 degrees. After testing negative for the flu, and ridded of his fever, Brady and his family were sent home. Three weeks later, Brady Alcaide-now only 9 weeks old-died. Brady had been a victim of pertussis, or whooping cough, which is a preventable bacterial disease that has been on the rise in recent decades. (Zimmerman, 2012) II. Credibility Statement: My mom is a pediatric nurse practitioner, and has always made me to get all of my shots and vaccinations. Over the past few weeks, I have spent a considerable amount of time reading up on this topic. III. Relating to the Audience: As college students, we cross paths with hundreds of people every day. With winter coming up, and illnesses running rampant, we are all highly susceptible to catching diseases such as the flu. With vaccinations, we can prevent getting these illnesses. IV. Thesis Statement: Recently, the United States hasShow MoreRelatedCritical Response Essay Final - I Have a Dream981 Words   |  4 PagesKing conform to, or deviate from, the conventions of a persuasive speech, and for what purpose? ------------------------------------------------- I have chosen the question â€Å"How does the text conform to, or deviate from, the conventions of a particular genre, and for what purpose?† I have decided to analyse Martin Luther King’s classic Civil Rights Movement speech â€Å"I have a Dream† and how the structure of the speech creates a persuasive aspect for the audience. This task refers back to Part 1Read MorePersuasive Speech On Puppy Mills986 Words   |  4 PagesLaura Hauck Comm 101 Section 3 Paper 1 1/17/16 Self-Critique Of My Persuasive Speech I will be critiquing my persuasive speech on puppy mills. The issue of puppy mills is one that is very important to me, and I was very dedicated to my speech. My speech informed the audience of the detrimental effects that puppy mills have on dogs, possible solutions to the problem, and how the audience could help. My persuasive goal was to try and convince the audience to help put a stop to the issue of puppy millsRead MorePersonal Progression of Public Speaking Essay1143 Words   |  5 Pagespublic speaking ability. Many students, including myself, walk into a speech class thinking that it will be the Easy A of the semester and quite frankly I devoted a good amount of time and hard work to earn my A’s and B’s for this course. Overall, my public speaking growth in terms of listenability were influenced by the following: the strategy keys in correctly engaging the audience; the structure keys appropriate for a speech versus a paper; the support keys by continually eng aging the audience;Read MoreMy Reflection On Communication And Communication1100 Words   |  5 Pagesprepared and impromptu speeches both in class and to other groups. My speeches were my introductory speech, my talk from TEC, a persuasive speech about media bias with Abby, and an informative speech about the misconceptions surrounding ADHD with Abby and Andrew. These projects helped me grow as a communicator because I was forced to go up and talk about topics I researched (in the case of the persuasive and informative) and already knew something about or had to throw together quickly (in the caseRead MoreFinal Exam Review1463 Words   |  6 Pagesrecent, reliable) Appreciative: beauty of message, speaker eloquence, aesthetics 4. Disruptions to speech process (interference) †¦ know what the external barriers are to listening, and what the internal barriers are to listening †¦ which are the greater barriers (internal or external)? External Barriers: Physical noise, message problems (confusing language/poor organization), presentation problems Internal Barriers (GREATER BARRIERS): Inattentiveness, bad habits, receiver apprehension, triggerRead MoreAnalysis Of Rashida Jones s Speech862 Words   |  4 Pagesâ€Å"I can be pretty persuasive if I believe in something strongly enough† (Brainy Quotes). This quote by Rashida Jones describes the importance of passion in a speech. To persuade an audience, the speaker must incorporate passion and meaningful body language in order to convince people of their beliefs. If the speaker fails to present a clean speech, the audience may lose concentration and become unaffected. Brenà © Brown presented a speech with intentions of persuading the listeners that vulnerabilityRead MoreA Speech On Sex Trafficking1341 Words   |  6 Pagesof specific techniques to get the most engagement from my audience. These techniques could seem ambiguous until they’re applied in the speech. Preparing tactics and outlines for a speech has always helped me for delivery of any presentation. Sim ilarly, the speakers Sunitha and Earnest shed light to vital scenes that require attention. Sunitha delivers her speech on the situation of sex trafficking occurring in India. Also, Earnest informs the audience about having access to important healthcareRead MorePersonal Experience: Persuave Communication1063 Words   |  4 PagesComing into Persuasive Communication, I didn’t really know what to expect. A couple of my roommates and friends had taken and recommended the course, and I needed a second year writing GEC, so I decided to enroll in persuasive communication. My original opinion of persuasive communication was a very basic one; convincing someone to do something or to feel a certain way. However, as we progressed through the course, I realized that there was a lot more to persuasive communication than just havingRead MoreDenying The Holocaust : The Growing Assault On Truth And Memory1083 Words   |  5 Pagesinsist the Holocaust didn’t occur, and her speech mainly addressed how truth and facts are, as she put it, â€Å"under assault† (Lipstadt 11:58). The fifteen-minute impassioned speech employed the three persuasive strategies: Logos, by using straightforward facts; Ethos, by being established a well-respected author and college professor; and Pathos, by appealing to emotion through polarizing quotes and a firm call to action. Lipstadt used Logos, the persuasive strategy of using logic to bolster an argumentRead MoreSpeech Analysis : Speech From Public Speaking Course Essay1343 Words   |  6 PagesFinal Speech: Speech Analysis Throughout the public speaking course, I ve learned a variety of methods and strategies that have strengthened the effectiveness of my last speech or any speech, that may occur in the near distant future. It was important to understand the elements that were effective and ineffective to avoid making the same mistakes and to have a clear understanding where I may have fallen short in the past and could improve in the future of public speaking. When constructing the

No comments:

Post a Comment